3/25/2008

hate / love #1

hate:
i hate when someone has a baby, and everyone is all like "oh! (s)he looks just like you (and/or the other parent)!" no, they don't. and (at least with my family) that debate continues well into the child's formative years past being a warm, wrinkly mass. don't get me wrong... i'm not a baby-hater. baby's are adorable (for the most part). i just hate the incessant speculation and declaration that they look like something they, in fact, do not.
~~
love:
i love joanna newsom. she popped up in my ipod today, and it whisked me away to 2004. That was the summer that krystal and i started dating. she was taking a video editing class, and her group was working on their final project: a remake of the classic horror b-movie, motel hell. my roomates, krystal's roomates, and everyone in her group were all friends, so we spent about a week helping with everything from set design, props, acting, etc to help them out. i have a very distinct memory of all of us being crammed in a car and driving out to the middle of nowhere to shoot in some guy's uncle's barn. it was warm and sunny; the windows were down and the fresh air was blowing through; joanna newsom was blasting on the radio (as much as joanna newsom can "blast").
good times.

side note: as i was perusing joanna newsom's wikipedia page, i was shocked to see that she was born two weeks after me. that makes me feel both old and inept. for some reason, i always find it odd when someone famous is either the same age as or younger than myself. makes me feel like i need to get on the ball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://cinemarv.com/the-strangers-theatrical-trailer-2008/
guess the music in the background... it gives me chills

p.s. I remember the first trip. Wasn't that guys name Blaine?

Anonymous said...

Yes his name was blaine- he did my hair, we had the same cut. That trailer made my stomach hurt-it totally justifies my paranoia.